phil-taylor.com are pleased to announce the dates and details of its first ever UK Joomla! Developers Course. The course will be held over a weekend, the Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th September 2006 near Tewkesbury UK (M5 Motorway, Junction 9).
The cost including overnight accomodation, lunches, and endless tea and COFFEE will only be GBP£199.99 (+vat if applicable by law) per delegate. (Make sure you bring a laptop! Then you can take full advantage of the sessions that will be hands on!!).
TWENTY HOTEL ROOMS (20) Only have been booked – so early booking is really essential
You can now make your booking for the Joomla! Developers Course online by using the form below:
The course is now over half booked!! – Book early to avoid disappointment!!!!
* NOTE: This IS NOT an Official Joomla! Event *
The course will cover the following and a lot more!!!
- Setting up a local development platform (Installing PHP, Apache, MySQL) and tweaking for optimum Joomla! development advantage
- How To: Create a custom component with 1 line of code! (aka dont be frightened by Joomla!)
- How To: Use the Database API (setQuery, LoadObjectList, LoadResult etc also store() bind() load() delete(), use of extending mosDBTable with new class)
- Tips: Passing input to your component through forms
- use of hidden fields in posts, use of primary key id fields and impact on store() function
- Tips: mosTabs() use in custom components
- Security and performance of custom joomla components
- Special mainframe functions
- A Long indepth Q & A Session – come armed with questions about Joomla! Development issues.
- An introduction to Joomla! 1.5
- Coding examples and new ways between Joomla! 1.0.x and Joomla 1.5
- and much more (Feel free to ask for a subject – we will try to include it)